Tuesday, December 05, 2006

In Dreams



Last night, I had a dream where a nice couple decided to crash in my studio apartment. They seemed nice enough, but right before they tucked themselves into their sleeping bags, they warned by that there was "a serial killer on the loose".

Suddenly scared for my life, I replied with the only analogy that felt appropriate:

"That's like leaving a eunuch to protect the harem!"

I woke up.

Looking back on the statement I made, I know the analogy doesn't quite work in that instance ... but still, that's a hell of an analogy. It's perfect to use in certain situations. Like ...

Well, I'm not exactly sure when. It would have to be some situation where someone in charge had the genius foresight of hiring a security guard with no reason to steal whatever material he was guarding.

(An armless man guarding gloves?)

The point of all of this, of course, is that I'm a genius. Even in my dreams.

(I'm just worried that I heard this line in a movie sometime and now it's finally coming back from its long dark trip in my subconscious to make me feel like a genius. Anyone hear it before? If not, consider the previous entry a copyright.)

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, this is a dream about you not caring about your life and/or not doing enough with it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home